Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New bike Anthem X0


I picked up my new bike and headed out to Stromlo for its first ride.
I should have listened to Michael from Onya Bike Belconnen on the front tyre.
I opted for a Crossmark Lust Non UST and after a slow climb to the top we regrouped and headed down the berm track.
Well it happened the front tyre burped air and the bars crossed over resulting in my first off I hurt both knees but more annoyingly the front wheel is untrue.

I think a new UST front tyre is going on!

What I noticed from this short ride was that the steering is slower and will require some getting used to. The bike is definetely more rigid then last years model and offers 4" travel up from 3.5".
Next ride will be a solo one so I can muck around with the stem height in an attempt to get more weight over the front end.

1 comment: