Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sparrow Hill Tour on a 29er


I entered this race for the pure fun factor. Who doesn't like to ride Sparrow Hill. It's so fast and flowy and today Paul Cole linked it in reverse with a perfect mix of technical sections thanks to Spagetti Western bobsled and everything in between. 31kms total.

I've ridden the Paragon 29er a couple of times now and just love it. It shames other bikes for handling 29 or 26 inch and the corner grip, braking and traction are unbeleivable. Im converted!

I ran WTB Nano Raptors tubeless using Bontrager rim strips and valves. These rim strips are awesome and make Stans look like a KM-Mart kit! The Bontrager strips are a harder plastic that line the rim wall to the edge and are a hard plastic, once mounted they don't move. The tyre valve is all metal and mounts seperately to the rim strip, so in a race you could just add a tube if you flatted. Me likey!!!

Having said this I didn't bring a tube to todays race and tore the sidewall of my front tyre on a downhill rocky fire road just a few ks from the finish.

Oh well I had a blast anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment