Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Stepped Up

22 January Road Crits

So I arrive at road crits, sign up and am informed that a decision has been made to jump me up to C grade.
No big deal I guess. It would have been nice to finish the season in D grade, if for no other reason than for bragging rights, against others in the same grade at the end of the season (If I had won?)
So it got me wondering how does somebody win a grade?

FWIW I sat in the pack for 10 minutes prior to getting dropped. Out of sheer determination I did hang in behind the main group and used this as threshold training! Ouch now I'm really buggered!

Duo Classic

Having raced the Duo Classic 50km, Kowen Forrest XC Mountain bike, the Saturday before was exhausting. Damn, it was fun though. I raced with Ian Preston, great training buddy and good mate. I did feel that I let him down but that's what racing in pairs will do. Sometimes your the quicker rider, sometimes your not!

Fatigue leading in?
In fact riding the prior week (approx 150-200km) being 2-3 threshold loops, hill climb repeats at max and a group ride that turned into a race wasn't the best lead in. It was great fun though!

Their are times when you need to say no to a ride. I'll be taking it easy this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment