Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sick at Scott


The frustration. Getting the Anthem back with two days until the Scott was always going to be tricky. Bike setup and feel are hard to nail in just one ride.....

It was obvious that midway through the lap the bike felt wrong. I was banging pedals badly and the bike felt mushy.
An average lap time of 1.06 with others in the team nailing 1.04 and a 1.03 I knew something was wrong.

I was leading practice climbs, sprints and big efforts leading into the event so was expecting much better.
A bit of fiddling after this lap at the Fox tent proved front pressure was down 40psi and rear 40-50psi, no wonder!

All of this didn't matter as shortly afterwards my throat was stinging and I was falling sick!
What can you do! It turns out everyone bar Phil had a shocker with Jamie stacking on his 2nd and Ian getting a migraine, Race over.

At least I got a decent photo or two, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment